If you’re wondering how to elope in Abbotsford, I’m here to help. I love the article that Vancity Officiants compiled and they showcase how easy it is to elope in Vancouver — you can literally pick any spot you’d like and there’s no fee from the city if you’re doing less than 15 people and no decor/setup. Plus, my friends Jelger and Tanja talk about how to get a permit for decor/setup in Vancouver, but what about how to elope in Abbotsford?
Depending on what you envision for your Abbotsford elopement, the list of possible locations is endless. Ultimately, it depends on what you’re looking for and what your priorities are.
1) A backyard (yours, your parent’s, etc) for a perfectly intimate, memorable option!
2) Any number of awesome parks in Abbotsford: Gardner Park, Aldergrove Regional Park, Mill Lake Park) offer a blank canvas for any decor you’d love to design and include.
3) A intimate restaurant like Old Hand Coffee is both beautiful and has built-in coffee and treats for after-ceremony celebration (or pick any favorite restaurant and don’t be afraid to ask what they can offer!)
4) If you want to drive a little, a spot like Whytecliffe Park in Vancouver would be stunningly epic for ceremony and portraits and would require no decor since the scenery is sublime.
5) Picking a random spot off in the wilderness would be fun, too, and could become “your spot” for future anniversaries.
6) Find a beautiful airbnb for an all-in-one option (it could be getting ready, ceremony, celebratory dinner, staycation honeymoon all in one if you found the right spot!)
7) Rowena’s Inn in Agassiz is a little outside of Abbotsford but it’s a venue I love for both the scenery and the ambience and the staff’s attention to detail.
8) Or, if you’re dreaming big: Hop in a helicopter for a view and an experience. 😉 While definitely the most pricey of these option, this is absolutely what I would do if I were going to elope. Imagine the story you could tell!
If you need a checklist for how to elope in Abbotsford, here you go:
2. Choose a location (and get a permit, if necessary)
3. Hire an officiant or marriage commissioner.
4. Invite your witnesses
5. Be married!
Isn’t this Abbotsford elopement beautiful?! Jordan and Sandra crafted a memorable, meaningful day for their backyard elopement in Abbotsford and it was a privilege to be chosen as their photographer!